Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back from Busyness

Tarren has been wondering when I was going to post again. I told her that she could post, too, but she retorted that since my picture is on the blog I'm the one who is responsible for writing. Fair enough.

We've had a busy week. Last Friday we left for a weekend with Tarren's family at an indoor waterpark resort. It was a good weekend to be inside, since "Mother Nature" was providing us lots of rain and cold. I was a little concerned that Lucas wouldn't be that crazy about the water, but he ended up taking to it like a fish. I was also concerned that he wouldn't want to wear his new molded earplugs - and that he'd simply deposit them somewhere without our knowledge - but he managed to keep them in and even was upset when Tarren took them out for a moment (he didn't like the sound of the loud, rushing water). He had plenty of fun playing with his cousins and the other kids who were there.

Grace enjoyed the waterpark, too. Though she didn't spend much time in the water (more than her father, though!), she simply enjoyed sitting poolside on her Dad's lap. The sound of the rushing water was very soothing, and she was ripping off some "monster yawns." She even took about an hour nap on my lap, facing forward, which has been a pretty rare occurrence (she almost always falls asleep when she's facing you with her head propped up on your shoulder). We never did get our camera in from the car, so we didn't get any pictures. But Tarren's brother and sister-in-law have promised to share some with us, so once I get them I post a few of the best ones.

Since we've returned home, I've had lots of things to catch up on, especially as I get ready for a new school year with confirmation classes and Bible studies, as well as some long-range church planning. I had my first public school confirmation class last night; I have a nice group of kids for that. After a slower-paced summer, it will be good to get back into a regular swing of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These babies are really precious, don't throw the cookie cutter away.

Love,
Grandma Pat