Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back to Frigidity

After spending nearly a week and a half on vacation in relative sunniness and warmth, we have returned to breathing arctic air. We were greeted by temperatures in the teens and wind chills in the below-zero category. But we do have sun! The drive was relatively uneventful, besides the day of driving in rain (sometimes quite hard) yesterday, and my spilling coffee on our portable DVD player, which seemed to render one of our two screens unusable. We'll see what happens after it "dries" out, but I'm not hopeful.

We had a wonderful time visiting family and friends. The highlight of the trip was seeing all three of Tarren's living grandparents. Naturally, they all had the opportunity to reacquaint themselves with their great-grandchildren, which was nice. It was a busy set of days without much down time. The biggest drawback was having children sleeping next to us nearly every night, due to Grace's unwillingness to sleep in a pack-n-play. It will be nice to have her and Lucas in their own beds tonight; we won't mind being in ours either.

Perhaps I will get a chance to post a few additional pictures in the coming days, but I thought I'd share a couple right now (one with some of the children I've had the privilege of baptizing in the past 3+ years and another with Tarren and her godchild Hanna).

6 comments:

Marcel said...

It was a pleasure to have the family drop by. The kids are what I expected, cute, healthy and shy. Again, thank you for stopping in Jacksonville.

cheryl said...

It was nice seeing you in Atlanta also. Quick trip her however, see you in the spring.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed having you for the short times I did. Can hardly wait to see you once more in March.

Sorry about the sleeping arraingmens, but maybe we can figure out more comfortable conditions.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

I am so glad you arrived home safely, although it's too bad that there's such terrible weather. It was wonderful to have you here and hope that you will consider this your home away from home any time you come to FL! Lord's blessings to you all....

"I thank my God everytime I think of you".....

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Me again....can you please identify the kids in the photo? I can't quite figure out who is who....thanks!

Peter Prange said...

Pictured are the three Langley boys (matching sweatshirts), C.J. Valentine, Hanna and Daniel Chappell, Sarah Lawcock, and the two Prange kids.